Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Woohoo! I'm 20 pounds!

Hi everyone! It's me, Matthew, blogging again today!

Guess what??? Today I went to the doctor for my 6 month check up and I weighed exactly 20 lbs!!! Wow, I'm a big boy! My mommy says that some kids don't weigh 20 pounds until they're almost a year old!

Everything went well at the doctors today. I had fun trying to grab his heart listening thing and his look in your ears thing! I did not like the stick it in your mouth thing... I gagged and coughed and sputtered and put on quite a show to let the doctor know I didn't like it!

I also put on quite a show during all of my meals for Mommy today! At breakfast, I had my first temper tantrum! I wanted Mommy's spoon. I did not want any of the other spoons she tried to give me.. just hers! When she wouldn't let me have it, I started to cry big crocodile tears and bang my fists on the high chair! Mommy just looked at me and laughed. She said that if I'm big enough to throw a tantrum already, then I'm big enough to learn that I can't get my way all of the time. I stopped crying as soon as she picked me up and forgot about the spoon, but that was the end of my breakfast!

I was better at lunch, except, I figured out it's really funny when you put your lips together and blow at the same time that your mouth is full of food! I did this over and over, each time Mommy tried to feed me! Mommy says my high chair has to go through the car wash now!

At supper tonight, I decided I wanted the spoon again, so eating wasn't much fun. Oh well, at least I'm starting to like my chicken, so that's one more food Mommy can knock off her list!

No comments: