Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Miracle Makers

I normally would never use my blog to plug any type of charity, but I'm making an exception for this one because it's pretty important to me. So please forgive me this time!

Right now there is a radioathon going on for the Alberta Children's Hospital. They are looking for people to sign up to be Miracle Makers. Basically, they wil take $18 a month off your credit card or chequing, etc. for the next year. I've been a Miracle Maker since I moved to Calgary, and I can tell you. you really don't even notice it going out each month.

The thing is, Matthew and I have made 8 trips to Children's Hospital since he was born. THANKFULLY, we had minor issues - blood tests, an ECG, hip xray, physio and the head shape clinic, but I am extremely thankful that there is such a place to take your child that is so warm and bright and comforting for them.

Each time I was there, I couldn't help but almost feel guilty because I was bringing Matthew to the hospital for such trivial things when there were so many kids there that were really sick. I pray that we will never have to go there for anything more than what we've already been there for.

So for all of you in Alberta, please think about becoming a Miracle Maker. I know everyone is always hounded for money for so many things. But believe me, once you've been there, you are extremely thankful that we have such a place.

Alberta Children's Hospital Radioathon

No comments: