Sunday, November 4, 2007

Howdy Doody!

Hi Everyone! It's me, Matthew blogging today. I thought I'd give everyone an update on what I've been up to!

Today was supposed to be something called a time change. I don't know what that was. It didn't affect me at all, but it seemed to affect my Mommy. She said she had to get up reaaaalll early. I guess I got up at 5:45 a.m. today and I was ready to stay up!

Tonight, Mommy wanted me to stay on my regular bedtime schedule, but that would mean that I would have to stay up an extra hour! I didn't know if I could do it because I had a pretty busy day and I didn't nap for long as usual. Mommy bathed me around 6pm and then we went and read stories, then I had a little bit of bottle and then we played in the upstairs room while Daddy watched the hockey game. Mommy eventually gave in and I went to bed around 7:30. I complained quite a bit tonight because I didn't want to go to bed, but Mommy made me go in my crib and then I fell asleep in about 3 minutes!

We went to church this morning. It was really snowy when we got up. Mommy said that I had to wear my snowsuit. But when she went to put it on me... gues what!!!.... it wouldn't fit. Mommy says that is beginning to be a theme around our house. She says that she can't buy me anything unless it's 2 sizes too big or I'm going to wear it right then and there!

I'm still growing like crazy! When my Grandma came to visit last week, she brought me new socks because she said I was getting to be a big boy and Mommy was still trying to make me wear little baby socks! So, today, Mommy went shopping for some more big boy socks for me, but she could only find the same ones that she bought me last time. So, I got the same socks as before, only these are supposed to be bigger!

I'm being a very good boy and eating all of my cereal up every day! Today, I even tried oatmeal cereal. Mommy said we had to add lots and lots of formula to it because it looked like wallpaper paste. But, I didn't seem to mind the taste at all. I don't think I could even really tell the difference from my rice cereal.

However, I decided this week that I don't want to eat any of the other stuff that Mommy is trying to give me. No more carrots. No more squash and No more apples! I refuse to open my mouth when Mommy tries to give me these foods. And if I laugh by accident and Mommy gets a spoonful in, I make a weird face and pretend that I'm going to start crying. Then, Mommy gives up and I don't have to eat the yucky food. Maybe I was just having an off week. I really liked my food last week, but this week not so much. We'll see about next week.

I am turning 6 months old next week. Did you know that? It's like a half birthday! I wonder if I'll have any more teeth by then. I'll keep you posted. Have a good week!

Love,
Matthew

No comments: