Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I got to bath in the big tub!

Hi everyone, it's me, Matthew blogging today!
Today was a pretty fun day! This morning, Mommy and I went grocery shopping. It was very cold outside... minus 5! Mommy says it's going to get a lot colder. It's a good think I have my fancy new snowsuit. I'll be sure to post a picture the first time I wear it! For now, I am wearing my winter jacket with warm clothes underneath, my Robeez boots and my oilers toque! Mommy had to cover up my baby seat with a blanket also, because she didn't want me to breathe in the cold air.

I was pretty good in the store. I didn't cry, I just sighed very loudly a few times because I was getting bored. It made the other customers laugh!

Mommy said it is easier to shop when she makes a good list that has everything organized by each area. She says it makes the trip much faster! She also says it helps when I fall asleep when we're standing in the checkout line, because then she doesn't have to pack groceries as fast!

This afternoon, Mommy and I played. I didn't want to nap at all this afternoon. Yesterday, I napped for 3 hours in the afternoon! I figure that's enough for at least the next 3 days.

Mommy brought me some new stuff to play with... plastic bowls and lids! She also gave me a wee little wooden spoon, just like the ones she uses in the kitchen. We had fun putting stuff in and out of our bowls and turning them upside down on the floor. Mommy even put beans inside of one of the bowls (with the lid on tight of course), but this made a loud noise, and I didn't really like it. Mommy says it is fine with her if I don't like loud noises just yet!

Mommy got all excited this afternoon when a tv show called Oprah came on. She had to phone Daddy at work to tell him that her most faaavvvvourite singer in the whole world was on Oprah... Josh Groban!! Mommy says that she has a crush on Josh, but not to tell Daddy ;o)

Mommy made turkey meatball soup for Daddy's supper tonight. Mommy is still trying to feed both Daddy and me baby food! Mommy makes the baby food for me and then she hides it in Daddy's food! So far, she has successfully hidden in it lots of things, but I can't say what just in case Daddy is reading this blog (he he)

Tonight was the most fun of all!
I got to bath in the big tub!!!!! Mommy says that because I'm always trying to sit up in my little tub, it was time for me to move to the big tub. She had a special ring that suctioned itself to the bottom of the tub. When I sit in it, I don't go anywhere! Mommy still keeps one hand on my just in case, but It was stuck really good to the bottom of the tub and I wasn't going nowhere!

I thought it was quite funny that I could see my reflection in the overflow knob thingy on the tub. Mommy and I were making funny faces into it! I also liked playing with my toys and kicking my toes to splash the water! Mommy likes to take one of my toys under the water and make bubbles!! Now that I am sitting in the tub, I can see the bubbles. I think they're very funny!

So, now I need to make sure that I ask Santa for more bath toys! Those little squirty things that Mommy bought me just aren't going to cut it for much longer!

Well, I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow is a big day. I have my 6 month check up and then I have to go to the Children's Hospital to see some doctors about the shape of my head. Don't worry though, my pediatrician, Dr. Kelly, thinks that my head shape will turn out ok, so I probably don't need to wear one of those funny helmets. But, we're going for an appointment just to make sure!

See you tomorrow.
Love,
Matthew

No comments: