Sunday, November 18, 2007

Our Trip to Banff

Well, we survived the first stay in a hotel as a family! We are back safe and sound from our trip to Banff this weekend, and we had a great time!

We arrived in Banff on Friday afternoon. Neither Darren or I had ever been to the Banff Springs Hotel, so we were both excited to see the place as well! Matthew did pretty well on the drive out there, but got fussy as we entered the park. One quick bottle did the trick.



I had taken what I call the "emergency" bottles with me. These are little glass bottles of formula (about a 1/2 bottle worth) that are ready to serve, you just screw off the top! I keep them in my diaper bag. They are perfect for a little top up! You don't have to worry about keeping a bottle cold, therefore, I just carry and empty bottle and the formula bottles and open one up whenever I need it!

We didn't do much on Friday. Matthew was pretty much ready for his evening routine as soon as we got to the hotel. Here is Matthew getting his supper in the "Royal Chair"... it actually didn't work all that well, and we ended up just feeding him propped up on the bed.



Matthew got to enjoy his first bath in the sink!



Saturday morning, we were up bright and early at 6am. My company was hosting
a 45th Anniversary celebration. There were close to 1000 of us there! We had breakfast and then headed in for the program part of the day which lasted from 8:30 until 1:30. Matthew did pretty well... Darren and I took shifts entertaining him out in the foyer while the other listened to the program.

Saturday afternoon pretty much was nap time for all of us! It was too cold to take Matthew outside for a walk, so we just hung out in our hotel room. I went to browse through the very expensive shops!

Here is the view from our bedroom window. It doesn't get much better than that!



I was determined to get a picture of the Canadian flag that I intend to use for some Christmas cards that I have to send overseas... finally, I got the flag to fly in the proper direction!



Matthew seemed to love playing in his playpen. I think he thought he had his own little house all to himself!



Saturday night, we had a dinner and dance to attend. Our friends Clint and Carla drove up from Calgary to babysit Matthew for us. When they arrived, I told them that Matthew had done a poopy in his diaper earlier in the day, so they shoudln't have to worry about changing anything messy. Oops! I was wrong! As Clint described it... he was doubled over holding his nose with one hand and Matthew's feet with the other, while Carla used half of the box of wipes to get Matthew clean! Whatever does the trick!

Matthew allowed me to get through my supper before he decided to make a big fuss upstairs. So, Mommy had to make the long walk back to the hotel to calm him down with.... what else... the boob. Works every time. Just, eventually, we'd like to go out and not be 5 minutes away, so we're going to have to work on that.

So, I missed dessert, but oh well, I didn't really need it anyways! It wasn't too late of a night for us, as our babysitters were driving back to Calgary and it was snowing, so we didn't want them to be on the road very late.

Sunday morning, we tried to sleep in, but oh, yeah... we have a 6 month old... he doesn't know the meaning of the word sleep in! Good morning!



Here's Matthew enjoying his breakfast in bed!



We headed back to town shortly after breakfast, with one last stop......



No trip is complete without a souvenir t-shirt, after all!

No comments: