Thursday, November 15, 2007

I should know better.....

So, this morning we were happily eating our cereal and watching the trucks zoom by outside like we always do.

Matthew has been trying to drink out of a sippy cup, but he hasn't quite figured out the ones with the valves (that don't leak), so I was using a little disposable cup. But, it has a plastic spout and "they" (whoever they are) say that you're not supposed to use the rigid spouts because it's bad for their teeth development (i.e. they support orthadontist's careers).

So, I've just been giving him his formula in the highchair straight out of the cup. He drinks suprisingly well out of the cup and seems to like it better! He always reaches for more after he has some.

This cup wasn't really a "cup" with a nice edge to sip from. So, I thought I'd go get one of the plastic baby glasses out of the cupboard. Now, I'm sure you can guess where this is headed.

oops.... I kind of forgot to take the sippy cup base off of the high chair. Yes, I do know better but my mind was fixated on getting the drinking cup I guess and I forgot. I literally turned around for 5 seconds. Just as I was turning back and right like it was out of the movies, Matthew flings the cup across the kitchen. Swoosh! All over the floor, all over Mommy's feet and lucklily not all over Matthew!

Oh boy! Well, don't cry over spilled milk as they say. It was actually pretty funny although I didn't want to laugh to let Matthew think he could do it again. Guess I'm washing the floor again tonight!

No comments: