Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!
Ours was a pretty quite one. I did have this big, fancy plan that Matthew was going to sleep all evening and we'd enjoy a nice supper and movie, but Matthew had other plans.......

I am still struggling with the baby who only sleeps for 45 minutes at a time! (well, except for at night, he's an awesome sleeper there). Anyhow, I am reading a book that says one of two things a) some babies will only ever sleep that long during the day, so deal with it or b) even if they're going to bed at 7pm, they still might not be getting enough sleep at night and are over tired. The book suggests they go to bed at 5:30 pm until they nap better.

I thought I'd give plan b) a try since a) didn't seem like much fun!

Yesterday, Matthew didn't want to nap at all in the afternoon, so I thought it an even better chance. I didn't let him have his 4pm nap. Fed him, bathed him, fed him again, bottled him and had him in his crib at 5:30 p.m. He went right ot sleep! I went downstairs and started making our New Years eve supper! I cleaned up a bit and even lit the fire place.

"this is too easy!", I thought as I sat in the living room waiting for Darren to get home from work! Darren got home and we started to enjoy our dinner.

About 6:45, you know who decided he wanted to join the party! So much for going to bed early! So, now he was up, wasn't hungry, had been bathed and had a bottle, so all there was left to do was play!

7:45 and he's still up! (now we're croaching in on the real bed time)... no sign of sleepiness yet.

8:15... ok, you're going to bed whether you like it or not!

8:30... Matthew wins again... come watch TV with Mommy and Daddy.

I think he finally went to sleep somewhere after 9pm by which time I'd had enough of our New Years party as well and declared I was getting ready for bed.

10:15 p.m. Lights out in our house... boy we're party animals!

11:00 p.m. Listen to somebody having quite a good time out in the street. Fall asleep.

12:15 a.m. Phone rings... after just falling asleep I wake up in disarray. Someone is calling our fax. For crying out loud! Oh well..... Hey, Honey, we missed New Years.... Happy New Year! Now go back to sleep....

No comments: