Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Sleep Sack

A few days ago, I bought Matthew a sleep sack. If you've never heard of this, it's kind of like a baby sleeping bag.

They're not cheap ($55), but I gave in because I was tired of coming in at all hours of the night and seeing Matthew huddled in the corner without any covers on.

So, we've tried the sleep sack for a few nights and a few naps now and he seems to really like it.

The only thing is that I can't get it into my head that he's actually warm and doesn't need many more covers!

Every time I've gotten him up in the morning or from a nap, his toes are warm and his body is much warmer than it used to be when he was sleeping without covers!

He still goes to sleep with this blankie, which covers up his arms and I usually cover all of him up with this. But, I still keep feeling like he needs more covers!
I feel weird not putting him under a quilt and then going and crawling under a quilt myself!

This morning, he was very warm in his sleeping bag and I've also noticed his sleeping position changing a bit. It used to be automatically on his tummy, curled up, but now he's sleeping again on his back with his arms sprawled out most of the night. So, I guess the sleep sack must be a good investment after all!

No comments: