Monday, January 7, 2008

Thank Goodness we still have Raffi

Yesterday, I put in a Raffi CD for Matthew. I was surprised at how he immediately turned his head towards the CD player to listen and continued to do so throughout the CD. I don't think he's ever responded to any other CD's that way. We had fun listening to all of the songs which Mommy must have forgotten somewhere along the way, but seemed to now remember by heart!

My favourite: 5 little ducks went out one day, over the hills and far away, Mother duck said "quack, quack, quack quack"... but only 4 little ducks came back..... and on and on... (eventually they do all come back ;o)

Raffi has really stood the test of time. As I looked at the CD cover, it was originally recorded in 1977! Raffi for me is like the Friendly Giant to my parents. The friendly giant was still around when I was little and he was also on when they were little.

Too bad we don't still have Mr. Dressup. I was a Mr. Dressup girl. Never missed a day (I don't think).... and still would probably be scared of the owl (toowit, toowoo!)

No comments: