Saturday, January 19, 2008

8 months and counting

huh... I completely forgot to post Matthew's 8 month picture. Actually, I completely forgot to take the picture until 2 days ago. Now, I'm being slow at adding it. It'll be here soon, I promise.

Matthew is doing well. He's now the master of getting himself into every single corner of the house. He's still doing the "military crawl", or actually, to me, it looks like he's trying to swim because he kind of goes "right arm, then right knee, then left arm, then left knee" instead of both arms and legs at the same time. Surpisingly though, he can make it from the living room to the kitchen in about 10 seconds!

He's learned how to sit himself back up when he wants to. The first day he did this, I thought I was going crazy. I knew I had just turned around and saw him crawling to the kitchen and then when I turned around he was sitting! Then crawling... then sitting!

Now, when he doesn't want to have a nap, he just sits up! He's also trying to pull himself up on things, but (thankfully) doesn't quite have the strength to do it just yet.

I just want him to be a baby for a little while longer.... tonight he fell asleep about 6:45 after having a bottle. He was pooped because we had to take him out to run some errands with us this afternoon and his last nap had ended at 1pm. He even missed cereal tonight. Anyhow, I just let him sleep in my lap for a good while as I watched tv because it's already seeming like few and far between where he actually wants to sit and cuddle for more than 2 minutes.

I was driving to the mall today to buy Matthew more sleepers. I just bought him 6 - 18 month sleepers about a month ago and yes, you guessed it, they're already getting tight in the crotch. When I first bought them, he was swimming in them. I thought for sure they'd last the rest of the winter. So, there was a sale on my favourite ones... I bought 8 sleepers for $31. Now, you can't beat that!

Anyways, as I was driving, I heard a song on the radio that I hadn't heard before. It's called "you're gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins. I think it's a good song to keep in the CD player for those days when you're pulling your hair out!

Here's a snipit:

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
She keeps apologizin'
He says "They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23.
Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

No comments: