Monday, August 4, 2008

Tiny Moments

My web friend Shan often posts about a "tiny moment" on her website. It wasn't until this weekend that I full on got what she means and had my first "tiny moment". I have a feeling they're going to be coming fast and furious now!

So Shan, thanks for the idea, I'm going to steal it regularly from now on!

Tiny Moment #1:

Matthew, Grandma and I are in the kitchen. Matthew is sitting on our island, helping us put fruit into the fruit bowl. Matthew recently gained an appreciation for eating fruit whole, so now every time he picks up a fruit, he has to try a bite. We stopped him though, only 1 peach this time buddy... then we got to the bananans. "nana" he said and pointed. "He said banana!" My mom said. "He did?", I thought. Are you sure... I've been hearing all these things lately that sound like words, but I've never heard him actually say anything yet at a time that told me he was really understanding what he was saying. And then he said it again "nana!" And tried to bite off the end of the banana. Wow! What a feeling to know he can actually understand us :O) I felt like I'd earned my Mommy badge for talking.. and we're just getting started!


Tiny Moment #2:

Tonight, Matthew and I were sitting on the couch, half watching "Little Bear" on TV, and half reading a book. We were also goofing around and a few tickles were involved. I have been asking Matthew since he was about 6 months old to show me where the eyes, ears, mouth, etc. were on pictures in books. In the past few months, we started asking him to show us where our noses, eyes, etc. were and where his were. Until today, he has never pointed himself.

Well! Today I asked "Matthew, where is Mommy's nose?" and he turned his head to me and stuck his finger right up my nose with a big grin. Yes, Matthew, that's Mommy's nose :O)

1 comment:

Shan said...

Tiny moments are the best. So glad you decided to borrow the idea.