Sunday, August 17, 2008

Splish, Splash, Here I come!

This post is a bit behind, as it was actually 2 weeks ago that we took Matthew to a swimming pool for the first time, but somehow, I kept forgetting to post!

I know most people take their babies to the pools when they're quite young, and I don't know why we kept putting it off, but we did... and so we finally thought it was time to see if Matthew liked the water!

I tried to put him in lessons for this fall, but of course, I was 1 person too late and the class was full. I guess we'll wait until next session.

Matthew had no fear of the water and just wanted to go in further... and further... and further... until we were carrying him because his toes weren't reaching! His favourite part was when they turned on the wave machine.

(sorry for the crappy photos, but Darren wouldn't let me take the SLR camera into the water.. hmmm.... why not???)
Here's Matthew and Daddy getting ready for a wave:



That was fun!!



Splash!!



Anticipating a big one....



Then we tried to convince Matthew to go over to the kiddie pool.... with all of the other kiddies... but he wanted no part of it. Until... Mommy found a lifejacket and showed him how he could float on his back!

Here he is giving the thumbs up to this fun new game!





I guess it's safe to say we'll have to go back :O)

p.s. don't tell Daddy I put pictures of his... ahemmm.. lack of hair... on a public website... he'd freak!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like Matthew is a fish to water. We haven't ried the wave pool with Max yet. Maybe we should give it a shot. And I love the thumbs up!!

Klugett said...

Great Photos, Erin! Matthew is definitely a water baby!

Shan said...

Looks like he had a great time. Such cute pictures!