Sunday, August 24, 2008

Garden Helper

...it's been kind of crazy in my world lately, so I apologize for not bloggins so much. If only I could blog at work (read - they didn't block it), then I'd get a lot more blogging in. I have a lot more energy at 6am than I seem to at 9pm.

Anyhow, we're heading off on a week and a bit trip to the coast this weekend and I hope to find time to blog while we're gone (that is if the hotel internet connections actually work!)....

It figures... I've toiled over my poor garden all summer long and just as everything is about to come ready.... we're going on holidays! I must have 50 tomatoes in the garden, but not one of them has turned ripe yet! Luckily, I have a next door neighbour who likes to garden as well and who has agreed to water and possible cover if required.

For the past several weekends now, Matthew and I have made it a Sunday habit of going into the garden to see what we can find. It's a big game for him. Mommy finds the vegetables and he carries them back to the basket. Then we both get to spray them down with the garden hose, which to him is the best part... well, besides trying to take a bit of our everything we pick!













1 comment: