Monday, August 25, 2008

A Beautiful Place

... did I mention we're going on vacation in a few days??!!! :O) As stressful as getting ready for such a big trip can be... I am SOOOO excited for this vacation. Do you realize we have not taken a summer vacation yet? Do you realize that I have had to listen to all of our friends and all of our co-workers talk about the wonderful trips they've taken all over the place.. and we've gone NOWHERE!! But that was on purpose.. this trip is not going to be cheap on the wallet, so we knew we were saving up.

This is actually our first official family vacation! I'm so excited to go back to my other home... You see, Saskatoon will always be my first home... Vancouver feels like my second home and Calgary will be my permanant home.

We haven't been back to Vancouver for 3 years. I really miss Vancouver sometimes. Actually, sometimes I wonder if it's more the lifestyle and friends that I miss more. Don't get me wrong, I love my life here and all of the friends we've made here, but Vancouver was a great place to start our life together!

Speaking of which, we are very excited to spend a few days back at the place where Darren and I took our very first vacation together.. can you believe it, 9 years ago!?! It is a beautiful place in Washington called Whidbey Island. When we originally stayed there, we stayed in a beautiful bed and breakfast, right on the island. We are staying at a hotel this time, but on the same island... where there are whales going right by in the sound at any given time. It is so gorgeous!

I hope to take lots of pictures and share our trip with all of you! Even though we're there for a week, with 2 weddings to go to and a schwack of visiting to do in between, there sadly won't be that much family time for just us. But, we're going to have a blast with the time we do have and a blast getting to see all of our old friends and family along the way!

Thought I'd leave you with this picture of Matthew... getting into something (as usual!).

Will write soon,
Erin




1 comment:

Julie said...

Have a wonderful vacation. It looks just stunning.