Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Lazy Lazy Day

Well, it's one of those days in our house.... it's cloudy outside, the temperature is cool and Matthew has decided it's a day to nap. So, Mommy has some time to finally write in the blog!

Sorry it's been a while since I've written something substantial! We were in Saskatoon in the end of June visiting all of our relatives who had not yet met Matthew. We had 4 solid days of visiting, but Matthew did great. I was especially proud of him on the way home. It was a long trip for such a little guy, but he never fussed very much until we were in Airdrie... quite an accomplishment when you're only 7 weeks old!

However, I think unless we've got Daddy with us in the car, we'll be taking the plane on any future trips... airmiles, here we come!

Matthew is getting to be such a big boy! Everywhere I go, even complete strangers tell me that they don't think he looks like an 8 weeks old baby.. he looks more like 3 or 4 months old. It's probably because he's alredy wearing 6 month clothes. Yep, yesterday, I packed up just about all of the 3 month outfits and sleepers :O( It's not that he weighs that much (he is 13 lb), but he measures over 24" long already and most clothes with feet or the onesies are too short on him.

This week, we have to go for our shots. When I say we, I actually mean both of us! Mommy has to have her MMR shots... remember the whole episode of me not having the measles immunity and having to tell all 300 people at work that I was expecting, at once?!? Well, Mommy is going to have to have hers first and show Matthew that it doesn't hurt... yikes! I can't remember the last time I had to have a needle!

Next week Grandma and Grandpa are coming through town after seeing Uncle Mark off on his trip to Europe. They've promised to babysit so that Mommy and Daddy can have a date for the day! So, Mommy is pumping and pumping and pumping to make sure there are extra bottles available for Matthew! We're not going waste a baby sitting opportunity for the whole day! These don't come around that often you know ;o) Maybe we'll see you at Stampede.

Speaking of Stampede... Matthew's ready to go Stampeding!

No comments: