Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday Flashback

..ok, here's a new thing for my blog, but I by no means thought it up. I saw a different version of it on Shan's blog and I thought I'd give it a try. Thanks Shan for giving me the idea!

So, I randomly uploaded a picture to the blog that I have no idea what it is and I'm about to step back to last year for a moment...



aww.... there's so many things that come back when I look at this picture... first of all, I already can't believe that Matthew was actually that small. Gosh, makes you wish that they stayed that small for so much longer than they do!

That activity mat which I bought for $5 at a garage sale must have been one of the best finds I had... he was on that thing all the time and it was so great that you could hang all kinds of different things from it!

Matthew's favourite toy when he was little was those spinning bugs that you see in the picture. He used to watch them go round and round and round over and over again and then eventually got to the point where he could bat at them and make them fall of... then he could actually grab them and hold them, but it was still tons of fun to knock them off.... then he figured out how to turn the thing on and off with the push of a button and that was great fun... and now, sigh, he doesn't even want to play with it. I still haven't put that toy away probably because it was one of my favourites! But, I guess it's time for it to go in "the box".

Today starts the week when everyone in Calgary pretends to be cowboys. As such, we're going to make an attempt to go Stampeding (uh.. to the grounds, not what you were thinking...) with our one year old tomorrow... I'm sure I'll have lots to blog about after that!

No comments: