Monday, July 7, 2008

Calgary Marathon

Yesterday we went down to the Calgary Marathonto watch my brother Mark run across the finish line. He ran the full Marathon. We are pretty proud of him. It's quite a feat to make your feet run 42 km. In fact, I can't even fathom it!

And to consider this was his first (and probably only according to him) marathon, coming in 346 / 694 people is pretty darn good I would say. I was expecting him to be just barely getting to the finish line, but he ran through like he was still able to run another 10k!

346 248/434 M 19/26 Male 4:10:12 Mark Taylor

I saw lots and lots of people cross the finish line. I tell you, it made me feel like I should be able to get my butt in gear more often. I mean, those people had determination. I couldn't believe how some of them barely dragged themselves across, but they did it. Kudos to all of them. That's mental power I'm not sure I have.

Then I saw these four ladies. Middle aged, overweight, I think they were sisters. I'm betting one of them was at least 200 pounds. They walked the 1/2 marathon in a time of little over 4 hours. 4 hours. wow. That's 21 km in 4 hours. Ok, that gave me motivation. I'll probably never run a marathon but maybe someday I'll walk.....

No comments: