Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Culprit

I have always wanted to have a garden. For as long as I can remember. I've grown vegetables in the past in containers on our deck, but it just wasn't the same as a real garden. I finally got my garden this year. And I couldn't be happier! I don't know what it is, but I look forward to the one or two evenings or early mornings (it's beautiful at 5 am) that I can get out there and work in the garden... it's something calming for me.

.... but, I have an intruder. I have caught him many times visiting my petunias and my marigolds. For pete's sake... can't he just eat the lettuce like he's supposed to? He hasn't touched that... no, he wants to eat all the flower tops off! All I can say is thank god we'll hopefully get fences on both sides this summer.

Please excuse the messy blocks in this picture... that's this weekend's project :O)









1 comment:

Shan said...

What a lovely garden! Great job.