Friday, May 30, 2008

Where do I start?

... wow, it's been a while since I've blogged! I always seem to have so much to say and now, so little time to say it in!
I often think about blogging something on my way to work in the morning, but our work has any blog sites blocked, so that doesn't work and most nights I'm too exhausted to blog after putting Matthew to bed, cleaning the kitchen and getting things ready for the next day.

I think we're all adjusting to our new lives though! I know my body certainly hasn't taken too long to cope with less sleep! It hasn't forgotten what it was like a year ago and so I'm already finding that I'm not that tired through the day, even if I've been up several times through the night.

That said, Matthew is hopefully starting to sleep better again. We discovered he has an ear infection this week, so we're on antibiotics and he seems to be on the mend. He had a few rough weeks there with all of the mixed up schedules and birthdays and you name it.

We have switched him to a new dayhome. Our first one just wasn't working out for us. We needed something with a bit more structure for him. He is doing really well there... he seems much happier when he comes home in the evening and seems to have bonded really well with his new caregiver.

Matthew is on the go all the time now! I don't think I've seen him crawl at all in the past week or so. He has even learned to climb onto the chairs in our upstairs bonus room all by himself!! He is quite proud of himself when he does it and likes to sit and watch the big comfy couch from his own chair!

We've also said good-bye to the bottle. We didn't really force the issue, it just seemed to happen naturally. Matthew got a really great sippy cup for his birthday and it's easy to drink from and so he doesn't miss his bottle at all. Now, we've started a new tradition of eating some cereal or fruit out of a bowl, drinking milk from his sippy cup and reading a story before bedtime.

He is becoming more and more fun every day as we see his little personality develop! I look forward to sharing lots more stories with you very soon!

No comments: