Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Today Daddy went golfing, so Matthew and I had a Mommy and Me day.
We had lots of fun! This morning, we had breakfast and Matthew showed me how well he can eat an entire container of yogurt all by himself!

He had a good nap and then we went to run a few errands. Matthew was such a good boy in the stroller while Mommy got some alterations done and did a bit of quick shopping! Matthew discovered at the dayhome this week that he loooovvvvess cheddar flavoured rice cakes.. so Mommy is keeping those on hand in the diaper bag for outings... after all, they're only like 20 calories right?? eat away and stay happy!!! :O)

Then we came home and napped again, although the afternoon nap seemed more like a 1 1/2 hour play session in the crib. Oh well, at least he stayed pretty quite the whole time. Mommy even got an hour nap in.

So for being such a good boy, Mommy packed up beach supplies into the wagon and Matthew and I headed down to our lake! This was our first official "lake trip" since Matthew was born! Last year, we didn't really hit the beach because he was a bit too small.

I could tell right away that this was going to be a favourite activity of Matthew's. I think it's been oh, say at least a good 15 years since I've tried to build a sand castle, but Matthew and I did a pretty good job of making sand hills with his pail and smashing them down!

....and he didn't even try to eat the sand!! (although, we did get sand into about every other imaginable place.. note to Mom's - sunscreen and sand don't mix...)

But the biggeset attraction of all was... you guessed it! The water!!!! Again, Matthew had that "I am sooo happy, but I don't want to seem too happy" smile on his face as soon as he realized that this was the biggest bathtub he's ever seen! I wish I could have caught it on camera, but because I was myself, I didn't think having the camera by the water and helping Matthew walk were a good mix.

The funny thing is, he didn't want to leave, of course! Every time I brought him back to the beach towel, he would try to walk back to the water. But, it's hard to walk on uneven sand when you're just learning to walk, so Matthew would get down like a little sea turtle and try to high tail it to the water before Mommy could catch him!

I can tell we're going to have lots of fun this summer!






Enjoying an afternoon snack....



Off I go.....



Aren't you coming Mom?



Exploring I will go, exploring I will go...

No comments: