Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oh what a weekend!

Well, we had a busy May long weekend to say the least!

On Friday night, we had 4000 square feet of sod delivered. Do you know how much that is? Enough to take... oh... about 25 man hours or so to lay! So Darren and some of our friends helped us Friday night and all day Saturday to get it laid down. On Sunday morning it was my job to go around and cut all the corners and make it all look pretty! It's all in now and our yard looks great. We can't wait to let Matthew run around in the grass. I'll post pictures soon but I forgot to take some before the rain started.

Matthew got his first doozy of a cold on Friday. He had a major runny nose which he had never really had before and it progressed to included quite a yucky cough. Poor guy didn't know what was happening to him and that led to Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights with virtually no sleep for any of us. By Sunday night, we decided to take him to Children's just to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or something. It seemed as though every time we laid him down he'd only sleep for an hour or two before waking up crying and staying crying for the next hour or so.

Everything checked out ok and after our 4 hour wait to see the doctor, we came home. Matthew is on the mend now but luckily Daddy was able to work from home today so that Matthew didn't have to get up early and go to the sitters.

In the spare time I had, I managed to level out our garden plot and get a few seeds in the ground. I know, I know, I was supposed to be relaxing, but I have waited a LONG, LONG time to finally have a real garden!! Not containers on my patio, not the garden plot that you rent (we had those in bc) but a real garden.. so let's see if I can actually grow anything. Well, let's also see if the rabbits don't eat everything I grow.

Anyhow, all is well. Matthew finally learned how to climb down stairs. So today he practised up one stair, down one stair, up one stair and so on. We also had a lot of fun in the bath tub today as it was the first time Mommy used bar soap instead of liquid soap and Matthew found it quite hilarious to chase it around the tub and try and pick it up while it slipped out of his hands!

Hope you have a great, short week!

No comments: