Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just like it was

One day down.
Actually, day one wasn't that bad at all.
1600 e-mails to go through when I arrived. Did you know you can delete about 1200 with one stroke of the keyboard??
I didn't have a password to get into the computer and I couldn't even remember how to make a phone call on my fancy VOIP phone, but hey, what do you expect after a year?
It didn't take long for everything to come rushing back though. It really feels a lot like starting a new job again, except that as you start to do things, you remember that you actually do know how to do this task already, so the learning curve is much quicker!
I wasn't there a mere 3 hours and we were already celebrating a birthday with.... you guessed it... birthday cake. I'm quite sure the absence of birthday cake and dinners out was what enabled me to lose 25 lb in the last year, so I may have to shy away from those things a bit more!
By mid afternoon, I was already getting phone calls and e-mailed requests as though I'd never been gone. It seems like the company is so busy and everyone is chomping at the bit to get help.
Mostly I answered 3 questions all day:
1. So how does it feel to be back?
2. Can you believe it's been a year?
3. Where are your pictures of Matthew? (to which I replied I thought it best that I wait a few days so as not to spend my entire day gazing at pictures and actually start to get some work done again).

One more day and then a long weekend! I could get used to this kind of a schedule :O)

No comments: