Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's almost time

I refuse to countdown, so let's just say it's getting close...
but I think I'm ready. As much as half of me doesn't want to go, the other half is excited to go back. I think that's the way it will always be!

It's taken me a good year, but I've taught myself to do things differently. Being an engineer, my mind things very logically, so naturally, I'm comfortable when everything at home fits logically into place as well.

I've started meal planning which is a HUGE timesaver. It is amazing how much relief it is to not only know what you're having for dinner tonight, but tomorrow night as well! And, I've started to get into the habit of cooking or prepping as much as I can on the weekend for the next week. So far, it's been quite helpful. If I can stick with it, I think we'll have the dinner problem licked!

If I can stay on top of housework, it's really not that bad... (sssh.. don't tell Daddy though, because I still might lobby for a cleaning lady :O)

And as long as I'm always thinking two steps ahead, my mind is relaxed at the end of the day... and that's a good thing!!!

How's Matthew by the way? He's on the go every waking moment these days! He's rediscovered stairs and so we're practising going UP and DOWN... 20 or more times a day! He's walking with his push toys or a chair and is now going to them himself and trying to get up... it's kind of hard though, because the wheels start moving as soon as he gets up!

Next weekend, Daddy and Matthew have their first official Boys only weekend at home... I bet it's going to be fun!

No comments: