Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Midnight blogging again....

Helloo.....

It's 1:48 a.m. and here I am, wide awake again! It's a good thing that I went to bed at 9:30 last night 'o)

Matthew has decided lately that it's not fun to sleep more than a few hours in a row. He seems to go to bed fine, but is up a few times before he finally settles down. Then he's been getting up at least twice during the night and wanting a bottle each time.

I've read and have been told you should try give them 1/2 water, 1/2 milk and then gradually decrease the milk...if they're still drinking water then they're not really hungry, they're just accustomed to eating in the middle of the night. Anyone try this? Ida know, he was sucking on my cheek last night... to me that seems hungry!

So, we've gone downstairs (because if I leave him, he'll start screaming and wake Daddy up) and give him his bottle. By this time, he's fully awake and decides it's time to play. No, Matthew, not playtime right now. So, I guess I'm doing it backwards. I have try get the bottle made before he starts yelling too loud and then feed him upstairs!

Today, his new trick has been rocking back and forth on his knees.... I know what you're thinking.... he's been getting up on his knees for the last few weeks here and there but is starting to do it more consistently. Especially in the crib. Those flannel sheets must have good traction!

We've been hermits lately. It's just been too cold to go too far! We ventured out on Saturday because I needed to pick up something and it was easier for Darren to drive and circle the mall while I went in! It was -26 at 2:00 in the afternoon. Sheesh! Too cold for me. I'm glad those living in Vancouver have snow though. Makes me feel a bit better ;o)

Tomorrow is bubble class again. That's what I'm going to start calling it because I'm quickly realizing that is the big highlight of the whole morning for the babies!

Must attempt to sleep now!

No comments: