Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgiving.....

...well, today was marked by 8 or so hours in the kitchen... (totally by choice though, I can't complain!)

I took the lazy route in terms of turkey today. I highly recommend Lilydale Roast and Boast if you're not feeling like dealing with the whole turkey thing. Although it was a bit over-seasoned for my liking (the actual meat wasn't that bad though)... it reminded me of a Swiss Chalet Dinner. Not quite homemade, but a good second. Suprisingly the stuffing was also quite good inside. Again, a bit overseasoned. Would I buy it again? Maybe. If I have another "I don't feel like doing a turkey, but I want a turkey" holiday.

So being that it's Thanksgiving, I thought I should share some of the things I'm thankful for.....

~ my two guys, well that's a given. But how could I have gotten so lucky?

~ having parents who care so much. It is always comforting knowing you have someone you can count on.

~ my job. I got lucky and found a company that (so far) recognizes my needs to balance being a mom and being a career person.

~ living in Calgary. Some would say it's too big of a city, but I like that we live in a "small town feel" neighbourhood on the edge of town, yet I'm minutes away to anything I could need.

~ True Lemon... I swear, if you hate drinking water like me, this stuff is a lifesaver.

~ PVR's. Way easier than VCR's. The only way I will ever get a chance to watch TV these days.

~ Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and Brother's and Sisters. Get my fix of wishy washy drama each week, er well once a month or so when I actually get to sit down and watch.

~ living in Canada. Sure, we have the poorest-excuse-for-an-election you could find, but I'd still rather live here than down south.

~ foodsaver bags. Wouldn't be able to cook and freeze the way I do without them.

~ great neighbours. Lucky to live in a cul-de-sac where I've made a lot of friends.

~ blogs. Since I was never good at writing in a journal, it's the next best thing.

~ girlfriends. Some live near and some live far, but it's nice to know you have someone you can talk to or laugh with or cry with, wherever they may be.

~ memories. Times goes so fast, thank God we can at least remember them.

So how about you?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the new look!