Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finally....

For a while now, Matthew has been saying "ma"... at first, I was quite sure he was asking for milk because he said it when he went to the fridge. But then, he started to say it other places and I thought, "I wonder if he's saying "Mom" instead?"... but he never really said it directly to me, so I still doubted he was saying Mommy..

Then last night he was up about 1am and couldn't sleep... I went in his room and sang and talked to him for a while... then I stayed quite for a few seconds to see if he was sleeping. I heard a little "ma? ma?" and I knew that he didn't want milk.. he was asking if I was still there! He's been saying Mommy all along and I didn't even know it!

As a side note, I also realized that he is taking after his Uncle Mark. When Uncle Mark was a baby, I recall, as a 6 year old, spending lots of evenings sitting by his crib and rubbing his back so that he would fall asleep... well, last night, I sat by Matthew's crib and put my hand just by him so that he knew I was there, and what did he do? He reached for my hand and placed it on his back... uh oh... what have I started!?!

No comments: