Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm Back.....

wow,
it's been a while since I've blogged. I do apologize. The last few weeks have been, well, let's say busy to say the least.

Before I went back to work, I remember saying to myself.. "now as long as you keep on top of things, it won't be that bad..."... well, I was right. These last few weeks I have been putting in what little free time I have to finishing the wedding pictures that Darren and I did for our friends Shannon and Jerome. That meant that a lot of other things had to slip on nights when I needed the time to work on the photos.

And you know how it goes.. what doesn't get done what night just means double the next night and so on....

So, to make a long story short, I had a terrific 3-day weekend where I was able to get a lot of catching up done! We did a thorough fall cleaning of 3 rooms upstairs (which is only a start, but it feels good to see some results of a spic and span house!)... We cleaned up a good portion of the garden outside and I even managed to do a 10 or more feet of brick edging. I cooked several meals worth of beef stew in the slowcooker and made a batch of cooked ground beef to freeze for quick additions to spaghetti sauce, etc. We got some shopping in, a walk and lots of time to play with Matthew.

ahhh.... may seem like a lot, but it left me feeling like I got a lot accomplished, and I spent a lot of quality time with my boys. That's the holy grail and for once I feel like I accomplished it. Now, I enter the week feeling like I'm back in the driver's seat!

So, how is my little man by the way? Well, we measured him today... he's just shy of 33 inches tall. Boy, does he sure understand everything these days! It's so fun to ask him questions and have him respond! At first I wasn't sure if he was really answering you, but a few tries at asking him if he wants something... him saying no and then trying to give it to him, proved to me that he does know what you're saying!

It's fun to ask him what he wants to eat... if he wants it.. he says a long drawn out "yaaaaaaa"... and if he doesn't it's a firm no and a shake of the head!

These days, his favourites are cheerios and milk, grapes, yogurt, fruit bars (the sunrype ones) and frozen yogurt tubes! He's still good with eating peas, carrots and broccoli and most nights will eat whatever meat is put in front of him. The trick has been trying to get supper cooked fast enough when we get home so that he doesn't try eat everything else out of the pantry before I get it made. (hence the frozen meals.. a lifesaver indeed :O)

He is good at giving everybody hugs, including his two kitties. For a while last week, he even started giving kisses until Mommy asked for a kiss too many times and now he flat our refuses!

He loves playing with Lego blocks now and we build towers until he can barely reach the last block and then knock them all over! He has taken a great liking to his glow-baby again, sometimes even more than blankie. And the most fun is getting Mommy or Daddy to push him around the house on his 3 wheel trike!

So here are a few of my favourite pictures of our friends' Shannon and Jerome's wedding. They make a beautiful couple!







1 comment:

Shan said...

Oh my the pictures are amazing! Great job!! And I loved reading about all your adventures. You've been busy.