Thursday, March 27, 2008

I saw the big mall!

Story #3:

Last Thursday, Mommy, Daddy and I started our holiday! Our first stop was Edmonton. Mommy, Daddy and I got up reaallllly early. Mommy thought it was going to be hard to get up, but I beat Mommy and Daddy getting up!

We left our house at 5:30 a.m. It was pretty dark outside. There were lots of neat lights to look at in our truck and outside. But, I didn't stay awake very long. I think I fell asleep in about 5 minutes!

We got to a place called Nisku, just after 8 in the morning. Daddy had to work there for the day, so we dropped him off. Mommy and I got to spend the whole rest of the day together!

First, we drove to a town nearby and Mommy took me into the Tim Hortons. It was my first time in a Tim Hortons! Mommy changed my diaper and then we ordered breakfast. A croissant to share and some yogurt. Yummy!

Then, we went back to our truck to play for a while. We played in the back seat and I turned all of the nobs on the heater. And then we played in the front seat and I turned all the nobs in the front!

When Mommy thought I was getting tired, she put me back in my carseat and we drove into Edmonton. Mommy played my cartoons on the dvd player for me. I had a good nap in the car while mommy drove. We drove right to a place called West Edmonton Mall. You can see this place from miles away!

Mommy and I did a few laps around the mall. We had a snack in the food court. We saw the puppies in the pet store. Mommy shopped in one store (that's all I would allow her to do). We went in the petting zoo and I saw a baby lamb that was smaller than me! We did a few more laps around the mall. Mommy bought me a monkey (because it made me laugh). And by then it was 12:00.

I think Mommy was starting to worry because I had had enough of this mall by then and she wasn't going to pick Daddy up until 3pm! So, we drove around again. This time, mommy parked in a parking lot. She took all of our things out of the back of the truck and mommy and I had a picnic and played in the back!

After that, we did a bit more shopping at the drugstore and then headed off to pick up daddy.

Then, we went to our hotel. Boy, was I ready for a nap by that time! My hotel had a little crib for me, so Mommy and I had a nap when we got there. Daddy went off to buy his hockey tickets.

That night, I didn't want to eat any of the food mommy brought for me, so Mommy had to order room service. I had hamburgers and fries, mashed potatoes and broccoli! Sound yummy? Of course, I saved some for Daddy when he got home :O)

No comments: