Thursday, October 18, 2007

We're all clear!

Matthew had his 5 month check-up with the pediatrician he had been seeing. All is good, so this will be the last visit to him! (too bad, because I reaalllly like him and feel very comfortable talking to him, I wish Matthew could see him as his regular doctor!).

Anyhow, he said that Matthew's head shape is coming along nicely. I am just starting to notice it not being quite so flat on the right side, so I think it is improving too. He said that he definitely would not recommend needing a helmet and that he thought it would correct itself on its own over time!

We weighed him again today. 18lb 12oz! He gained a half a pound last week! I think I'd better start lifting weights or I'm not going to be able to carry him around all day!

Matthew now enjoys going out a lot more because he sits up like a big baby in his stroller. We don't even take the carseat out of the vehicle anymore (pretty much because it weighs 15 lb to start with, so you do the math!). He likes being able to see where we're going forwards, not backwards and likes it even more when I don't take him in the stroller and just carry him.

The other day, we went to Toys R Us. Matthew had a blast looking at all of the stuffed animals. They have some there that are 10 times the size of him! He thought they were hilarious! It was then that I realized that carrying him in one arm and trying to shop in the other is not going to be possible as my arm was nearly ready to fall off after only 10 minutes or so. Thank god for strollers!

Here's my baby. Still wanting to shove everything and anything (including what Mommy's trying to eat or drink now) into his own mouth. When there's nothing else around, his feet still suffice.



No comments: