Thursday, October 4, 2007

Oh where, oh where has my little baby gone?

my oh my... My little baby is not going to be a little baby much longer! Wow! It's amazing how many new things he does every day!

Let's see... well, our biggest adventure of the past week has been learning how to eat cereal. It really didn't take him much learning at all; he picked it up right away. It's very funny to watch him because I have been feeding him in his bouncy chair sitting on the kitchen table, and he gets so excited that he flails his arms and makes the chair bounce like crazy! He seems to think it's quite funny to do it just as mommy is bringing the spoon to him so that the spoon ends up feeding the chair instead of Matthew!

He's also been having a lot of fun playing on his tummy now. I'd say that actually even prefers it to playing on his back. He even complained once when I had flipped him from his tummy to his back and wanted to be back on his tummy! We have been playing the game where we put one of his toys just out of reach and he scoots over like a little seal to get it! I think that means he's going to want to crawl sooner than later... yikes!

I've made new use of the nursing pillow that cost me $75 and I used twice. Matthew now finds it quite relaxing just to hang out in, watch a bit of TV (even though, I still stress, he's not supposed to.... but there are a few times, when he won't nap and mommy just needs a few minutes to hang out), or play with his toys. Right now, he's reclining on his pillow while I type, amusing himself with a tupperware lid. He won't play with many of his toys for very long, but the lid seems to amuse him for a half an hour.

Oh, and did I mention my baby naps?!?! I'd better not jinx it by saying so, but yesterday morning he napped for 2 hours and this afternoon he napped for 2 1/2 hours! Mommy even got to have a little nap this afternoon which was a godsend! I'm thinking the napping maybe has something to do with the cereal he has in the morning, even though the needle nurses strongly suggest it does not... :O)

Well, Daddy's coming home soon and Matthew is asking for his late afternoon, pre-cereal milk snack, so I guess I'd better go.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Merry said...

Evan likes to watch TV too. I don't put kids programming on for him but he watches whatever is there. Sometimes that is the only way to get him to stop crying. Geez...TV addict at 3 months.