Monday, October 22, 2007

Bye Bye

Before I had a baby, nobody told me that you have to watch out for how attached you get to their THINGS. Not, the baby himself, but his THINGS for crying out loud!

Matthew is on his way to 6 months. I'm getting the feeling that 6 months is a whole knew ball game. What I'm starting to see right now though, is how many of his THINGS he doesn't want/ need anymore.

The biggest one must be the cradle swing. I just can't bring myself to take it down! But, he's too big for it: It creaks when he swings, his feet hang over the edge and he can almost reach the mobile. Yeah, too big.

Then there's the play mat. I need to take the bars to hold the hanging toys down because he wants to roll around so much now and he's getting tangled up in them.

He doesn't even want Wubbie anymore! He'll put it in his mouth for a brief second and then whips it across the crib. I think he figures that's more fun now than actually sucking on it.

Then the bouncy chair. No longer can it sit on the table (well, it wasn't really supposed to anyways, but I watched carefully). Now, he tries to get out by pulling himself forward and I'm afraid that's just not safe!

His Tummy Tub. We should try it again for old times sake. I wonder if he'd even fit in it?

See what I mean! I know there's so many new and exciting things on the horizon, but I just don't want to let go of all those really baby things!

Oh yeah, then there's the big one. I was telling my mom how I need to give Matthew a bottle most of the time now after he nurses because he's still hungry. What ever those health nurses say, I don't have enough for him all the time. My mom suggested maybe I should just put him on the bottle completely.... yeah. Don't go there. Let me put back the "little baby" stuff first. One step at a time.

No comments: