Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's 3am, I must be......

You know that song, "It's 3am, I must be lonely....", well.... it's currently 2:36 a.m., I must be crazy!!!! Why am I up?

You see, I've been going to bed shortly after Matthew lately, so around 9 p.m., pretty much because some days I'm exhausted by then... why? I'll get to that later. So, if Matthew doesn't get up until 2 am to eat, then I'm actually getting about 4-5 hours of uninterrupted sleep! And wonderfully, I can actually sleep now, without waking up every 2 hours to see if he's still breathing. It's amazing how much I've begun to rely on the Angelcare monitor (the one that tells you if he's breathing).... I look over and think, well, it's blinking, so he must still be ok :o)

Anyhow, my body has obviously decided over the past 3 months that 5 hours of sleep is all it should be getting and so here I am, wide awake at 3am!

Now, on to that reason that I have to go to bed so early....

Did I mention that my little angel WILL NOT NAP!!!! I've been doing my internet research (the Dr. Spock for the 21st century) and have found out through many other mom's blogs that it seems to be a common theme that if your baby sleeps wonderfully through the night at a young age, there's a good chance they're just catnappers during the day!

Now, I'm not complaining, because my gosh, I don't know how bad it could be in the middle of the night with a screaming baby.... I'll keep knocking on wood that he keeps sleeping as well as he does, but there are some days where I'd give anything to make him sleep just 1 or 2 hours....

The odd day, yes, I get lucky and he sleeps for 2 hours or more! You should see me... I'm running around the house thinking "oh, I should put the laundry in... oh, and now's a good time to pay the bills and... it'd be really good to do some baking right now while I'm uninterrupted... but then a nap myself doesn't sound so bad either..." Actually, when it goes beyond the 1 hour mark, I find myself not trusting the Angelcare so much, and going into his room every 15 minutes because I can't believe he's still sleeping!

He is so much a little catnapper.. he always fools me by falling asleep after nursing... I know, I know, it's a bad habit to get into, but hey, it works. But then sure enough, 40 minutes later, who's giggling in the crib??? Sometimes, I can leave him alone long enough that he falls back asleep for a while longer, but other times the giggles turn to "where the heck are you Mom????"

Ahh..... so, here it is, now 2:44 am ..... still not tired. Guess I'll go read up on everyone else's lives on Facebook... that's always a good time waster!

Sleep tight everyone!

No comments: