Friday, May 25, 2007

I am attempting to write this post with one hand as Matthew is sitting with me at the computer desk. I have a feeling I am going to be writing a lot of messages this way :o)

Matthew will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. We had him at the community health clinic today and he gained 7 1/2 oz in the last 4 days! I guess we can stop worrying if he is eating enough. He is still a bit jaundice according to the health nurse, but if it occurs when they are greater than 10 days old, it's not caused by the billiruben and more likely from my breastmilk. She says it isn't harmful now and will just take time to go away.

Matthew is waking up on his own to feed now and so I probably won't have to set the alarm clock for much longer. He is certainly Daddy's boy though... wide awake between 9 and 12 at night... and not ready to get up yet at 9am the next morning :O)

Tomorrow Matthew gets to meet Nan (Darren's mom). The weather is supposed to get above 20 in the next few days (no more snow hopefully!), so we hope to get out for a short walk one of these days.

All for now!

No comments: