Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hi from our New Family...

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry it has taken me this long to put a post on our blog, but as you can probably guess, the last few days have been quite busy! Thank-you to everyone who has written and called.... we appreciate all of your kind words so much and I will try to talk to each of you very soon!

Our adventure started on Saturday morning - we were at the hospital at 8 am and supposed to have our section done at 11am... at 5 pm, we were still not sure if they were going to be able to get to us as they were short staffed, but then were able to "fit us in" very quickly... and Matthew was born just before 6pm.

Our stay in the hospital lasted until Monday evening. I could have stayed until Tuesday, but opted to come home because I hate to say it, but the care afterwards just wasn't stellar and I felt a lot more comfortable coming home and being with my family instead.

Matthew is doing great.. he has a bit of jaundice which is what has kept us so busy. We've had visits from the health nurse and taken him to the clinic, but have not had to treat him at this point. He is pretty sleepy but is becoming more alert each day. His eating habits are getting better and we're hoping it will go away very quickly. We've had him on a 3 hour eating schedule as best we can to try and flush out as much of it as we can.

He is so sweet though and we just can't stop staring at him in amazement! I have put some pictures on the web... please look at the link below!

We will be back in touch soon!

Love,
Erin, Darren and Matthew

No comments: