Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Little Helper

I'm not sure why I bothered to buy Matthew so many baby toys. He doesn't seem to want to play with any "baby" toys. He wants to do big boy things.
Again, I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere he went from baby to little boy.

Today, he pulled the register out of the floor in his bedroom. This was a big achievement for him and even more fun to keep pulling it back out everytime Mommy put it back in. Anyone know how to prevent this? I have fears of all kinds of little toys ending up down there in the months to come....

Let's see... finger pinching has also become a regular event in our house. Apparently, 9 month olds mustn't have great memories yet because Matthew will get his fingers caught in a cupboard door; scream very loudly until distracted by something else; then proceed to do it again 5 minutes later!

Oh, and then there's still the ever popular water cooler. Today, Matthew pinched his finger (see a theme here).. this time in the trunk of his Fisher Price Car. Poor guy! He closed the flap with his other hand and didn't realize that he was causing himself the pain!

So, I decided to call Fisher-Price to give them some feedback, letting them know that the little guys like to stand up on the front of the car and they use the trunk as support, thus enabling themselves to get pinched. Anyhow, I was on the phone for a few minutes. Matthew was right beside me, but I guess I got distracted on the phone momentarily because the next thing I knew, there was water every where on the floor! All the way from the water cooler to the fridge! It took 8 teatowels to soak it all up!

So, yeah... every day brings a new adventure. I wonder what we'll have in store for tomorrow?

No comments: