Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm 9 months old!

Hi everyone, It's me, Matthew, blogging today!
Yesterday I turned 9 months old! That's 3/4 of the way to 1 year old! Mommy says we're going to have a party when I turn 1 year old! I can't wait! (But Mommy says she can for some reason)

Mommy weighed me yesterday. I weigh 23 1/2 lb and I am 30 1/2 inches long! That puts me in the 95% percentile for my age. Mommy found some website that predicted how tall I am going to be... it says I'm going to be 6' 1" tall... that's way taller than Mommy!

I can do lots of things by myself now! My favourite is to be in the kitchen while Mommy is in the kitchen. When she opens the fridge, I can crawl really fast to try and get there before she closes it. If I get there, I try to grab all of the bottles before the door closes. I can't get the fridge open if the door is closed, so I have to take every opportunity I can to find out just what's in there!

Then, I go to play with my special drawer. Mommy had to make a special drawer just for me. It has all kinds of things that are made out of plastic so that I can't break them. Mommy used to have stuff made out of glass in that drawer, but I started to take them out and Mommy thought I was going to break them all!

I like to pull on the handles of the doors. Mommy thinks that I don't know that they open, but I know they do, I just am not strong enough to open them yet..... but you wait!

Then, I like to help Mommy with the dishwasher. When she puts in the silver things, I take them back out for her! She says they need to stay in there because they're dirty, but I like to hear the sound they make when they fall on the floor!

Oh, and then there's the garbage can. Mommy always says "yucky!!" when I touch it, but that doesn't stop me! I've even tipped it over a few times. Mommy says she is shopping for a new one. She says we might have to buy an expensive one with a lid if I keep knocking over the garbage.

Sometimes, I'm good at listening to Mommy when she says "ta"... I think "ta" means that I'm not supposed to touch something. Sometimes though... it's just sooo interesting that I can't help myself!

Yesterday, I was playing under the kitchen table!

Mommy had to put my jolly jumper and my imagination station downstairs. She says she was sad to put them away but I am too big for them now. They don't hold babies that are almost 24 pounds!

That's ok though. I have lots of big boy toys to play with now instead!

Well, I have to go and help Mommy make supper now. Talk to you soon!

Love,
Matthew

No comments: