Saturday, June 16, 2007

Round and Round The Kitchen We Go...

I just managed to put Matthew down for a nap, I won't say it's for the night yet, because he usually doesn't go to bed for good until after 11. Yesterday, he seemed to want to nap all day.. today, not at all!

After 78 laps around the kitchen island while bouncing and singing at the same time, he fell asleep! I've already learned that that doesn't mean you can rush to put him down.. oh no, if you do that, he's bound to wake up the second I put him down. Instead, I need to walk/bounce/sing one step at a time all the way up the stairs, then continue for 5 minutes up and down the hall and then try to put him down!

On Thursday, my co-workers threw a baby shower for Matthew and I. It was a lot of fun and Matthew was spoiled with lots of toys and gifts! See below for some pictures from the day.

One of the gifts that we got is called a Fisher Price Learning Puppy. It is a cute stuffed dog that sings all kinds of songs and ABC's, etc. Although it is meant for 6 mos+, Matthew seems to really enjoy hearing the songs that the puppy sings, so we've been playing with it a lot. And so...

I used to go through the day and often have the latest Country song going through my head... today, over and over again in my head, it went like this.... "do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and frow...." sheesh! I'm only 1 month into Mommyhood and baby songs have already invaded my brain!

The other day, Matthew and I were stuck in a traffic jam on Deerfoot (big surprise). Matthew loves car rides as long as we're moving; he can tell as soon as we get into traffic and he announces his displeasure as well. So, Mommy has learned that singing will get him to stop fussing. At this point in the game, I can only remember so many kids songs, so I just start making stuff up. And when you really get into it, your head starts bobbing, you start tapping on the steering wheel, etc. ..

Oops, and you forget that you're stopped in the middle of the freeway with cars on either side and some young guy in the car next to you is laughing his head off! oh well! I bet he'll be singing in the car one day too.

I haven't caught Darren singing yet - I think he's trying to be Mr. cool with Matthew, but I bet when Mommy's not home they're singing up a storm as well!







No comments: