Sunday, June 3, 2007

3 weeks old!

Matthew turned 3 weeks old yesterday! 3 weeks already? I can't believe how quickly that time has gone by, and I'm told it just gets faster and faster.

Matthew's doing great! He's starting to lift his head up and look around when you're holding him on your shoulder and he loves to watch Darren and I make funny faces! Uncle Mark and Bev bought him a Fisher Price Aquarium for the side of the crib, which is a god-send when he's fussing! It calms him down immediately! It is a little aquarium complete with water, lights, bubbles and little fish that dance round and round... what a great invention!

So, in 3 weeks, I've learned a lot of things that I never would have guessed before I had Matthew. Here's just a few:

~ It is possible to shower in 30 seconds as opposed to the 10 minutes I used to take

~ It is possible to tell time by the which show you can hear in the background on CTV

~ There is nothing good on day time TV, but when you're feeding, any TV is better than looking at the wall.. hence, I've learned: Regis and Kelly are annoying... the View isn't that great... The lunchtime news is pretty good... and Nick on the Bold and the Beautiful is not guilty of murder (thank goodness)...

~ Babies can manage to poop through multiple layers of clothing and halfway up their back.. and somehow get it on the bassinet (Dad says Mom did a poor diaper job)... and even poop on a clean towel after their bath

~ Babies can also pee at a 45 degree protectile from the change table onto the carpet, on anybody who wants to hold them (including Uncle Brian), and also through multiple layers of clothing

~ The birds really do sing at 3:53 a.m.

~ most of all, I now understand when people say that having a baby is truly amazing and absolutely undescribable and I already can't imagine life without him!

Take care everyone!
Talk to you soon.

No comments: