Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Vacation .... Part 2

(pssst... I blogged about part 1 yesterday.. just in case you missed it... see below....)

Don't you love my artwork? Pretty good for a 1 3/4 year old! I loved to play in the sand... I'll have lots of fun at our beach this summer!



Since we were eating meals at home, I got to help Mommy make breakfast most mornings... each time she asked me what I wanted, I told yer "pa pay" or pancakes for the rest of you!



One day, we went down to Laguna Beach and played in the sand and in the playground there. As we were walking to the playground, we saw a man with some colorful birds. We asked him if we could see his birds and he started to tell us all kinds of neat stories about them... I can't remember the little one's name, but I remember he was "green" and he sat on my arm!



I wasn't so sure about him at first, but when he sat on my HEAD, I thought it was pretty funny!!



Daddy even got in on the action!



This was supposed to be our valentine's picture, but the computer didn't want to cooperate the morning Mommy tried to send it out....



I became a natural tour guide along the way... Here I am showing off our resort!



One day, our hotel keys decided to stop working... we thought we would drive over to the building but Mommy thought Daddy took the car keys and Daddy thought Mommy took the car keys... oops! Good thing there was a security phone right outside our door.. we had to get the security guard to let us in! Here we are waiting for him.. notice my cool hat! Mommy bought it for 97 cents at Old Navy.. It was a substitute toque for when it got cold :O)



Hmm.... where should we go today??



On our last day in California, we took an adventure into Los Angeles... I was going to have to miss my nap in my bed, so Mommy was thankful that I fell asleep in the car on the drive in!



Guess where we went?! To my very first NHL game! We got to see the Edmonton Oilers play the LA Kings... Daddy was sure to bring my Jersey... but you should have seen the Edmonton Jersey's there! Either Mommy says half of Canada was there, or there are a lot of left over Gretzky fans in L.A. I think there were almost as many Oiler cheers as L.A. Cheers! It made for a fun game!



I was very excited to see REAL hockey in front of my eyes when the game first started! I always ask to watch hockey on TV and this was pretty exciting! But, I wanted to walk around half way through the first period, so Mommy and I took a walk and got to meet Wilshire the fire dog! He was the ceremonial puck dropper at the game... I got my picture with him outside (Mommy will have to scan it and show you later) and then he came and sat in the chair next to Mommy for a few minutes when Daddy and I were walking around!


See! Here he is next to Mommy... too bad I had decided to go for a walk at that time!



It was a pretty close game... the Oilers were leading until the last few seconds when the Kings scored and we went into...



And then even into a shootout! Oh, the suspense was killing me!!



Luckily, in the end, our Oilers won! Here I am telling the guy behind me that our team won!



It was lots of fun for Daddy and I to go to our first NHL game together and a fun way to end our trip!

No comments: