Friday, February 20, 2009

My Trip to California

Hi everyone, it's me, Matthew, blogging today! Sorry it's taken so long for my mommy to get pictures of our trip up. She was really busy at work when we got back and then we all got sick. But, we're better now, so I thought I'd share some of them with you...

This is me waiting for the pilots to get our plane ready to go... I was sure excited to go on the airplane! I kept telling Mommy and Daddy how the plane was going to go "up, up, up!"



On the first day of our vacation it rained... blah... but Mommy said it was such a nice rain in California and even the rain still felt warm! We did some shopping for groceries on Monday because we had our own apartment and Mommy cooked all of our breakfasts, lunches and dinners for us! We went shopping to Costco! Mommy found me some really great books (30 in total!) that we have been reading every night since we got back!

Here I am getting ready to go out on an adventure... don't I look like such a big boy!



On Tuesday, we checked out our resort.. it had a really fun playground and a putting green! Notice my wet pants? I managed to find a puddle within 5 minutes of going to the playground... oh well! It was fun to chase the golf balls around!



We spent a lot of time at the beach on our trip because it was only 5 minutes away from our place. We went out at low tide each day so that I could explore all of the tide pools! I wanted to run into the ocean sooo bad, but Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me, boy, if I could have just run a little faster, I would have made it to the water before they caught me!



There were so many neat things to see at the ocean! But really, I loved the water the most, I could have played in it all day!



One one of our adventures, Mommy and I even found a starfish! Way Cool!!!



The next day, we explored Balboa Island... each time we went out, I asked Mommy and Daddy if I could "walk, walk, walk"... but I didn't always want to hold Mommy and Dadd's hand, so sometimes I had to wear my monkey on my back... You wouldn't believe the number of times people said to me... "hey, you've got a Monkey on your back!" Yeah, the joke got old fast....



I enjoyed most of my breakfasts and lunches on the deck each day... ahhh. the sun felt so warm! (even though the highest temperature we saw was 18C, it still felt so nice!)



I enjoyed a few merry-go-round rides each time we went to the shopping malls!



And as long as I found a pond or a fountain at the shopping mall, I was happy!



Come on Ma Ma... to the water, to the water!



One day, we built a sand turtle... (I think it was supposed to be a sand castle at first, but Mommy forgot how to build them and it turned into a turtle!)



Hey, how come I'm in the sand?!?!



Did I mention before, that I loved to play in the front seat of the car and pretend I was driving? In fact, Mommy resorted to bribing me with M&M's after a while because I did not want to get into my carseat!



Well... that's it for now, Mommy says I have to go to bed.. I'll try show you the rest of my pictures very soon!

Love,
Matthew

No comments: